ClickmyTech Website Maintenance Policy
We define "Maintenance" as keeping the web site current. It is not intended to be a new design. We reserve the right to distinguish between "updates" and "new designs". Changing the navigation, the adding of new pages, graphic changes, buttons, etc. are considered new designs and charged accordingly to our design rate.
It is the client's responsibility to review updates and notify us of any necessary changes that we need to make. There will be no charge for any errors on our part. However, if a change needs to be made due to client error, the regular update fees will be charged. Your rate is calculated on the total time involved in completing the updates.
Updates should be provided electronically (by email) as much as possible. Attachments should be in text format (.txt or Word .doc formats are fine). Send digitized pictures in common format such as .jpg, .gif, .ai, .psd, .png, .bmp, etc.
Your website may be using third-party components like hosting, APIs etc. We have no control over what these third-party components do and take no responsibility for loss of information or functionality due to actions of these components. Any changes to your site stemming from regulations of these third-party components will be billed at the normal maintenance rate.
ClickmyTech may offer free hosting to clients on a shared third-party server as a complementary service. However, we claim no control over hosting services offered by us on third party servers and take no responsibility for loss of information or functionality due to actions of third-party hosting provider.
We recommend our clients to migrate to a paid hosting package offered by hosting service providers like Godaddy or Hostgator.
Scope of Free Annual Website Maintenance Contract
Free Annual Website Maintenance is a complementary service offered by ClickmyTech to its Web Development Clients for the period of 1 year after Project Go-Live.
The maximum Website Maintenance Effort Duration under Free Maintenance Contract is 10 Hours/year. If you need more Maintenance Effort than 10 Hours in a year, please subscribe to our paid Annual or Monthly Website Maintenance Contracts.
What is included in the Website Maintenance Contract:
- Graphics & Animation Updates – adding, editing and sizing of any pictures / animations to the existing website which fall under the scope of the layout or actual design of existing website.
- Website Content Updates – adding, editing and/or removing any text or copy on the existing site including any articles, reports, contact information and product or service description.
- Script / Program Updates – adding, editing, removing and installing any scripts, programs or software to the existing website can be done under the scope of this contract provided it does not change the overall design or look of the site more than 30%. If this will change the existing website more than 30% then it would fall under the scope of a New or Redesign Contract.
The scope of this contract does not include following:
- Re-design of site – the scope of this contract is limited to maintenance and does not allow for complete or partial redesign of existing site.
- Website Marketing – the scope of this contract does not include making any changes to existing Meta-tags, Alt-tags, Titles, Keywords or Page Descriptions. These tasks fall under the scope of Search Engine Optimization and require a different contract.
Responsibility and Rights
CLIENT IS RESPONSIBLE TO SUPPLY AND/OR OBTAIN THE RIGHTS AND PERMISSION FOR ANY CONTEXT OR IMAGES TO BE USED ON THE SITE. CLIENT WILL NOT IMPEDE UPON CLICKMYTECH SOLUTIONS TO USE "PIRATED" SOFTWARE OR ENGAGE IN ANY MEANS OF PLAGIARISM. CLIENT AND CLICKMYTECH SOLUTIONS MUST JOINTLY CLEAR ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVEMENT IN THE WEBSITE.
CLICKMYTECH SOLUTIONS RETAINS THE RIGHT TO DISMEMBER THE WEBSITE IF PAYMENT HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED, OR THAT THE CLIENT HAS BEEN FOUND IN BREACH OF ANY PART OF THE AGREEMENT. CLICKMYTECH SOLUTIONS RETAINS THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW SERVICES WITHOUT PENALTY IF ANY MORALLY COMPROMISING ACTIVITY IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEBISTE – LEGAL OR ILLEGAL.